Date Listed: February 27, 2019
Job Type: Relief
Hours of Work: Casual – As required
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
- An experienced direct support role in the field of disabilities.
- This position provides front line support to individuals with disabilities, as well as, participating in assessments, person-centered planning and plan implementation.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Diploma or equivalent formal education in Rehabilitation Services, Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Qualifications and experience that position the person to provide a broad range of general and often specialized services to individuals with disabilities.
- Demonstrate oral and written skills to meet planning and reporting requirements.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Maintain agency mandatory training requirements and obtain specialized training as required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A valid First Aid/CPR and Medication Administration Certification are required.
- A recent police clearance check is Required upon interview.
- Must drive and have a valid class 5 license and car must be able to accommodate a client. This person must be willing to drive.
- Assisting and supporting individuals in the establishment and maintenance of shared, respectful relationships within the community, with a view to meaningful participation and inclusion.
- Being aware of the individual’s physical, social and recreational environments and taking action to minimize risks and maximize participation / inclusion.
- Being aware of and adhering to established policies, practices and operational protocols.
- Assisting, supporting and encouraging individuals to achieve their personal goals through the development of basic living and related skills.
- Assisting with the direct care, as required.
- Assisting and supporting individuals through advocacy.
- Maintaining clear and objective records and preparing required reports, and other documentation.
- Communicate in a professional, timely, accurate and respectful manner with individuals, families, guardians, staff and community representatives.
- Adhering to general professional ethics and confidentiality.
Please send resume’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY THOSE MEETING THE ABOVE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
Thank you for your interest!