Resicare Society of Calgary consists of a team of professionals who are dedicated and committed to providing comprehensive integrated and high quality support services to disabled individuals.
We are seeking an experienced Supportive roommate to support our Male individual with developmental disabilities. He has a Developmental Disability, Anxiety, Diabetes, Hypertension, Heart conditions and Hypothyroid. The client requires help with cooking, cleaning and maintaining his home. The client would like a basement suite with a full kitchen. Preferably home should be in the SW or SE location close to the city center.
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
Supportive Roommates provide high quality services and supports to client(s) consistent with the mission and vision of Resicare Society of Calgary. Primary work is conducted out of own residence with the emphasis on residential and community based activities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Diploma or equivalent formal education in Rehabilitation Services, Social Sciences or related discipline. A valid First Aid/CPR and medication administration certification are required. A recent police clearance check is REQUIRED upon interview. Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license with a $2 million liability and car must be able to accommodate a client. Home insurance liability should be $2 million as well.
· Qualifications and experience that position the person to provide a broad range of general and often specialized services to individuals with disabilities.
· Demonstrate oral and written skills to meet planning and reporting requirements.
· Must have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
· Maintain agency mandatory training requirements and obtain specialized training as required.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.